How do two co owners for one home split the equity half and half when they sell it? 2 Answers as of September 01, 2015

I have a partner whom together over 15 years have a child (13) and a home with both our names. we didn't register marriage because we didn't have the immigration status then. I, as like a married wife has served the family: my partner as a married husband and two kids. we gave a wedding, but we put the paper work in hold. We had been sincere to each other for 13 years, I am still. However, my partner moved out our home last September, and found the fiance, and want to sell the house and asking 75% of equity for him paying the mortgage for all time and the down payment came from his family. I have his daughter (mine too) who has life, esp for school in this house. So I want to keep it, if not I want the share 50% at least. My kids were depressive since their father left home. My kids and I have seen the counselor since January 2015.

The answer to your question depends on the State in which you live. What state do you live in?
Obtain the services of a Family Law Lawyer to represent you in division of the property acquired by the both of you as partners.