How do my husband and I get custody of his children? 1 Answers as of January 28, 2011

My husband and I would like to get custody of his kids, we would like to know what the chances of us getting them would be. We live in Texas.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
There is no way to give you any estimate of your odds of winning with no information.

The Court cares about the best interest of the child and will look at all the factors. Where you live, where the other party lives, what the child wants (if he or she is at least 10), schools, opportunities for the child for extracurricular activities, the lifestyles of both parents, support structures, other kids (half siblings and whole siblings), etc.

You owe it to yourself to consult with a lawyer who practices in the jurisdiction where you will have to fight for custody. Some lawyers offer free consultations (I do) and others charge $50 or $100 for a consultation. Even if you have to pay for it, it is money well spent. You can learn a lot in an hour.

If this case will be in Collin County or Dallas County of Texas, please call me, I would be happy to schedule some time to get more information and help you make an informed decision.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: