How do Lemon Laws apply to used vehicles in Virginia? 1 Answers as of May 17, 2011

I recently purchased a used vehicle, and at the time of purchase the dealer did not disclose multiple problems with the vehicle. I have already spent $450 diagnosing and fixing other issues with the car (i.e., dealer told us multiple time that the AC was "great", but as soon as we tried to use it in the heat it was not cold at all). The issue now is that the ignition switch is faulty, and the dealer has admitted this. He offered to replace it IF he could find a specialized VW ignition tool, but now tells me he can't find that tool and won't buy it to fix my vehicle. What is my recourse? Since he had already offered to fix the problem (which was pre-existing), can he legally now tell me that it is my responsibility?

Wilson & Hajek, LLC
Wilson & Hajek, LLC | Eddie W. Wilson
Sounds like an as is purchase with the seller holding all the cards.