How do I to claim the Indian consulate for delay in issuing visa which ended in loss of around $800 along with the stress? 3 Answers as of June 17, 2013

I applied for Indian visa through Travisa on 6/6/2013 as I had my tickets booked for 6/20/2013. They told me to surrender my Indian passport. I did and my visa was expected in 4 days but I didn't. The online status said the visa arrived at Travisa. When I called them they say the visa was wrongly attested with someone else picture so they send it back. Now my flight is in 2 days and my visa didn't arrive. I have to change my dates which costs me $700 for changing dates plus difference in the fare. I had lot of stress and my brother’s wedding was arranged depending on my ticket and because of their mistake I am in trouble. What can be done?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
You have an option to sue in small claims court. A judge will decide if you should be compensated. You might be able to recover for the $700 to change dates, but you will probably not recover anything for the stress, only for actual money spent that you can document.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/17/2013
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Unfortunately i feel your pain, but the question has nothing to do with patent law.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 6/17/2013
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
This is not a patent question - so I am unable to provide an answer.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 6/17/2013
Click to View More Answers: