How do I to claim the Indian consulate for delay in issuing visa which ended in loss of around $800 along with the stress? 3 Answers as of June 17, 2013

I applied for Indian visa through Travisa on 6/6/2013 as I had my tickets booked for 6/20/2013. They told me to surrender my Indian passport. I did and my visa was expected in 4 days but I didn't. The online status said the visa arrived at Travisa. When I called them they say the visa was wrongly attested with someone else picture so they send it back. Now my flight is in 2 days and my visa didn't arrive. I have to change my dates which costs me $700 for changing dates plus difference in the fare. I had lot of stress and my brother’s wedding was arranged depending on my ticket and because of their mistake I am in trouble. What can be done?

Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
You have an option to sue in small claims court. A judge will decide if you should be compensated. You might be able to recover for the $700 to change dates, but you will probably not recover anything for the stress, only for actual money spent that you can document.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Unfortunately i feel your pain, but the question has nothing to do with patent law.
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
This is not a patent question - so I am unable to provide an answer.