How do I terminate rights of a father in a Texas child support case? 1 Answers as of August 15, 2011

I am a single mother and the father of my son hasnt seen him in 8 months. I am wanting to do a will in case something was to happen to me, I know he would be taken care of. But I don't want him to go to his bio father. How or can I get his rights terminated so he has no rights to my son. I would prefer him to go to my aunt instead of the bio father or his family. There are some safety issues also. (ex: drugs, alcohol, family members being a fugitive)

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Termination of parental rights is a process and there has to be a legal basis for the termination. Your desire is not a legal basis, it is the motive but it alone will not support the request. The Family Code provides a list of reasons the court can terminate upon once proven. Merely not exercising visitation for 8 months alone is not enough. Has he provided any support? Did he state he would not see the child and not provide support?
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: