How do I take care of my two warrants without going to jail? 1 Answers as of October 13, 2011

I have two warrants for R.S.P. and obstruction of police business. I just started my job and have a fiance who is at a high risk pregnancy. I want to get the cases out of the way but can not afford to sit in jail. There were other people involved with this, but not sure what to do.

Burdon and Merlitti
Burdon and Merlitti | Adam Van Ho
You need to talk to your attorney as soon as possible. The attorney might be able to arrange for you to go into court and have the warrants lifted, but you should know that there is still a risk that the judge will order you into custody. The bigger risk to you is getting pulled over for a traffic stop and then spending the time between your arrest and your sentencing in jail, and also knowing that the judge may consider the fact that you failed to come in and take care of the warrants against you when fashioning any sentence in your case.