How do I take care of a bench warrant in court? 10 Answers as of August 03, 2011

I have a bench warrant in MI. state I live in Cleveland Oh. I was robbed recently and went to get a new I.D. and was told it was being held because of a bench warrant. I called the courts and then wrote the judge asking what need to be paid and if I need to appear for how long so I would be able to make arrangements with work. I got written back just that I need to appear in court, I want to know how I should go about this as I am unable to just drive all that way out there unknowing how long it will take before I make arrangements with my job. Should I call a lawyer in that area or how else should I handle this? The bench warrant is from 2006. I got pulled over with a small amount of weed and paid $100 to get out and go home. I havent had a problem getting an I.D. or when I have gotten pulled over since then.

In a case such as yours, you should contact an attorney in Michigan and hire them to represent you. In a similar situation, I represent a person in Indiana who got a possession charge in Michigan. I was able to arrange a plea by mail, where a fine was paid, and the person did not need to come back to Michigan. This may not be true in every Court, however, you will never know unless you hire an attorney to ask the questions and make the arrangements.
Yes you need to get an attorney. maybe he could get the case dismissed or get you a plea by mail. He might be able to get a deal where if you stay out of trouble and do what the court says then you have no record. It depends on the facts surrounding the case.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Steven C. Bullock
You suggested the answer. Contact an attorney in the area who can make appropriate arrangements so that you don't spend any time in jail and set the matter for a pretrial as soon as possible. Good luck
You need to hire an attorney
Contacting a lawyer in the area where the bench warrant is would be a good idea. The lawyer will be able to obtain more information and help you through the process.
    Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
    Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
    Hire a lawyer.
    Law Offices of Jeffery A. Cojocar, PC
    Law Offices of Jeffery A. Cojocar, PC | Jeffery A. Cojocar
    A court appearance, and probably two, will be required in MI, depending on what city it is in.
    Attorneys of Michigan, PLLC
    Attorneys of Michigan, PLLC | Daniel Hajji
    Consult with a drug defense attorney right away. get out and go home.
    Yes, hiring an attorney can help so you may not have to appear. Otherwise, the court will just tell you to turn yourself in. What court are you in?
    You will have to come back to Michigan to be arraigned and get the matter resolved. There is no getting around that. You should contact a criminal lawyer in the Michigan county where the warrant is from. He can contact the court and judge and see how to proceed. You may be able to come out and do "walk through" arraignment. It will be up to the judge to determine what your punishment will be.