How do I sue Chevrolet dealership? 17 Answers as of February 07, 2013

I trade in my car for a new car I took the new car for about 2 weeks or less I returned the car because I did not approve for it. I got my car back when I got it back my stereo was missing gone. I went back like 4 times trying to get this resolved I have a paper that said the stereo model and brand and said that they would refund me the money for it or replace it. The stereo is worth $700 and they gave me a $250 check for it I told them I did not want it and they need replace my stereo what do I do what type lawyer do I need?

The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You will find it hard to find a lawyer who will deal with a case for $500 when they bill at $300 an hour. You do not need a lawyer. You can go to small claims court and file a claim and have your case heard by a local judge for $20.
You take them to small claims court for the amount. Go to the District Court here the dealership is located. They will have forms to do this with instructions.
Nash Law Group PC
Nash Law Group PC | Clinton Nash
In Colorado, you might consider bringing a small claims court action (claims under $7,500). This would likely be handled by a general practice lawyer. Honestly you are likely to pay an attorney more than what you receive.
Before you go to the expense of a lawyer you might want to try filing a complaint with the better business bureau. I have seen instances where they get issues resolved for people.
Gloria Smith-Grimes | Gloria Smith-Grimes
Yo should file a case in small claims court. You really do not need an attorney who would cost more than your case is worth.
    Take them to small claims court, that's what it's for. You don't need a lawyer for this.
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    You should consult an attorney.
    Coulter's Law
    Coulter's Law | Coulter K. Richardson
    Find a lawyer with familiarity with consumer fraud.
    Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
    Do you have the receipt for the stereo? Give them a copy of the receipt if that does not work take them to small claims you will need a receipt if you don't have one go back to who ever sold it to you and get another receipt.
    This is a contract action, and I suspect that if an attorney letter is sent they will replace your missing stereo. You problem is going to be that the attorney's fees, if the matter goes beyond the letter stage, could easily exceed the value of your recovery.
    Law Offices of Benjamin D. Pelton | Benjamin D. Pelton
    you need to file a warrant in debt in the small claims division of the general district court in the county where the dealership is. you can do it without a lawyer, if you sue them they may pay without going to court.
    Frank Law Group, P.C.
    Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
    Your best bet is to sue them in small claims court. To hire a lawyer on a case like this would cost more than what you are trying to recover. Check with your county law library about the small claims process and procedures in your county.
    You can try a small claims court action. That is your cheapest route. To hire an attorney is going to cost you more than the amount in dispute.
    Gateway Legal Group | Christian J. Albut
    You do not need a lawyer for this case. You can file a small claims action against the dealership for the value of the stereo or the cost of replacement of the same type of stereo.
    Robert Kubler | Robert Kubler
    You may hire an attorney and pay several thousand dollars or go to small claims court and pay a filing fee.