How do I stop wage garnishment? 3 Answers as of August 27, 2010

I want to find the easiest way to settle my wage garnishment. I want to get it down to a reasonable amount and not just 10% off. Is bankruptcy the best way? Would I owe nothing if I filed for bankruptcy? Or would I be able to pay a fair settlement and then file for Chapter 11 or 13? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
You can file a bankruptcy. If you do, you should not owe any money if the debt is owed to a nonsecured creditor.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/16/2010
Halpern Law Offices
Halpern Law Offices | Daniel B. Halpern
One way to stop is Bankruptcy and many more detailed ways! Please call my firm for an appointment.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/16/2010
Click to View More Answers: