How do I stop wage garnishment after I have fulfilled my obligations and my wages are still being garnished? Posted on July 13, 2011

My company has been deducting the maximum amount from each paycheck and I have reached the sum total of the judgment against me. Due to a bureaucratic lag in which the payments take over 60 days to reach the plaintiff, they have yet to receive the full amount that has already been taken from me. The plaintiff intends to keep deducting from my wages until they get full payment from the Sacramento court. This means they could be taking money from my paycheck for the rest of this year and possibly into the next (once the lag time catches up). I've been told that any overpayment will be refunded, but obviously I'd rather this just stop altogether. How can I stop this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: