How do I stop Utility bills and code compliance fines on an abandoned property? Posted on May 11, 2011

I abandoned my property in bankruptcy and got a final decree more than a year ago. The property has since been cited by the county and since my name remains on the deed. they sent me a notice and fined me $2600. The local sewer and water utilities have 'no termination' policies and continue to send me bills. None of these people are listed creditors so the automatic stay does not apply, but all of these bills accrued to the property after my final decree and after I had complied with my obligations regarding my statement of intent to abandon the property. I have explained the situation repeatedly, but no one seems to believe that my name being on the deed does not mean that I own or am responsible for the property. How can I make them understand?