How do I stop someone from publishing my work online? 2 Answers as of July 20, 2010

Someone on the internet keeps posting an article that I wrote to a bunch of websites. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? Should I consider hiring an attorney?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
These issues are very common on the internet today, especially with anonymous postings and forums that have large audiences. If you feel your copyrighted work has been infringed upon, you should definitely contact an attorney and give him more specific information regarding your original postings and subsequent unauthorized reproductions. He or she will let you know what your copyright protections are, what exceptions exist, and how to pursue an individual or website that contains your unauthorized works.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/20/2010
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
If you mean they are violating a valid copyright, using your copyrighted work, you can start with a lawyer's cease and desist letter, followed up by lawsuit if you have grounds for it and if it makes economic sense to do so. If your work is not copyrighted, you dont do anything except learn a lesson about protecting your work and rights. It does not sound like it is copyrighted. However, if it is, and if youre serious about pursuing this, feel free to contact me to discuss the facts and economics of such suit.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/20/2010
Click to View More Answers: