How do I start getting child support? 1 Answers as of July 27, 2010

I had my baby when I was still 17. Never been married to the father. The baby is 5 years old now and the father visits the child every so often but we have never gone to court. The baby’s dad just got a pretty good job but me and my mom are stuck having to raise the child on my own. Can I start getting child support from the father?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fasel, Fasel & Nefulda, LLP
Fasel, Fasel & Nefulda, LLP | Jordan Nefulda
You need to file an action to establish parentage. As part of that action, you can request child support. You may want to check with your local department of child support services, as they may be able to assist you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/27/2010
Click to View More Answers: