How do I sign over full child custody rights of our son to my ex? 5 Answers as of October 23, 2017

They are living in another country and they are not even here in America, so my other question, is why should I pay if they are not in the USA the child support?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
The child has a right of support regardless of where he lives.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/23/2017
Kiske Law Office, LLC | Anne Kiske
Generally, a parent cannot give up their parental rights to their own child unless an adoption has or will take place. There must be a willing and able parent ready to assume the legal responsibility. If there is a child support order in place it could be petitioned to be modified. Normally in a proceeding for modification of any child support or maintenance judgment, the court, in determining whether or not a substantial change in circumstances has occurred, shall consider all financial resources of both parties, including the extent to which the reasonable expenses of either party are, or should be, shared by a spouse or other person with whom he or she cohabits, and the earning capacity of a party who is not employed. This is a complex issue, if you would like to further discuss, please contact our office for an appointment at 816-256-5440. Communication of information by, in, to or through this Web site and your receipt or use of it (1) is not provided in the course of and does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, (2) is not intended as a solicitation, (3) is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice, and (4) is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney. You should not act upon any such information without first seeking qualified professional counsel on your specific matter. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon Web site communications or advertisements.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 10/20/2017
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
What difference does living abroad have to the need of your children for food and clothing and recreation and education and health care?
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 10/20/2017
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
It really doesn't matter where on the planet the other parent and the child lives. If a court has taken jurisdiction over the issue of support then you have an obligation to honor that court order. It would be to your benefit to meet with an experienced family law attorney so that attorney can review the court order that gives rise to your support obligation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/20/2017
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
The parent in the USA can still have child support obligations to pay child support for a child that lives in another country. You cannot give up your parental rights to avoid your child support obligations. Your not paying child support can only be accomplished by an agreement with the other parent, but not in all cases.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: