How do I sign off all rights to a child I haven’t been allowed to see for 10 plus years? 11 Answers as of May 18, 2011

How do I sign off all rights to a child I haven’t been allowed to see for 10 plus years? How do I get rid of all child support?

You can't, unless there is someone else seeking to adopt the child.
Michael Rose Attorney at Law
Michael Rose Attorney at Law | Michael Rose
Even if you do not see your child that has nothing to do with child support. You can not sign off your parental rights unless someone else is willing to take that responsibility. The child is your responsibility seen or unseen. Even if mother goes on welfare the state will ask you to pay back the money they spent to take care of your child.
Someone must adopt the child and the mom must waive the past due support.
Beresford Booth PLLC
Beresford Booth PLLC | S. Scott Burkhalter
In Washington State, you will have a continued support obligation unless the child is adopted by another person and your rights are terminated.
I have done this for a client before. Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the first office visit. I know people worry about how expensive a lawyer is, so I am careful to be as inexpensive as I can for my clients. Before you spend a dime, you will know how much this is likely to be.
    Seattle Divorce Services
    Seattle Divorce Services | Michael V. Fancher
    Under Washington law, this would probably require someone else adopting the child in your place.
    You can try to terminate your parental rights in Probate Court but it may be difficult.
    Those things are not options available to you. If you don't visit your child/children, you are not exercising your visitation rights. You can't get out of your obligation to support your children unless your children are adopted, with a termination of your parental rights incident to that adoption.
    You can do most things by agreement. You could try to negotiate a lump payment. If there is not another parent in your place, without an agreement, you are stuck. Stay well.
    Find someone to adopt the child and take over your responsibilities. Otherwise, you can't. Good luck.
    Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler
    Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler | Robert L Fiedler
    The only way to do so would be to have a probate court or juvenile court terminate your parental rights.