How do I search for 2 duis from approx 35 yrs ago? 10 Answers as of July 11, 2013

How can I locate 2 dui's from approx 35 yrs ago in Ca? I cannot remember the dates and I need this information in order to request they be expunged from my record.

You need to go to the court where the convictions occurred and see if they can look up the records. If it has been 35 years ago the files may be purged. In that case you can get your criminal history from the state Dept of Justice which will have the dates and other information but not the actual records filed in the case.
You cant file a motion for expungement without all the case info, which includes the court of your conviction. If you know that court, then you contact that court criminal clerks office and request your file info, providing them whatever ID they require. FYI: many courts have purged their old case info, and no longer have files. If so, you are out of luck. Without the file, they cant issue expungement or take any other action on the case.
Most of the time you can go to the court where the DUI was originally sentenced, and make a written request for info. Or you can let an attorney do this for you together with the expungement.
The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann
The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann | Christopher J. McCann
Request a copy of your criminal history from the California state Department of Justice (http://oag.ca.gov/). Go to there website and you'll find the forms needed to do so. They will list all of your criminal history and the locations and dates of the offenses and the convictions.
Bird & Van Dyke, Inc.
Bird & Van Dyke, Inc. | Mary Ann Bird
Send a letter to the California Department of Justice for a copy of your criminal history. Otherwise, you could try to obtain a copy of your driving record from the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Either agency should be able to provide that information.
    The Law Office of Rosanne Faul
    The Law Office of Rosanne Faul | Rosanne Faul
    If you know the courthouse, you may possibly be able to find them at the clerk's office.
    You can get an abstract from the court, or do a criminal background check on yourself and see if the convictions show up. An attorney can do this for you if you prefer.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Go to the court in the county where the DUI took place. Go to the clerk's office. Give the clerk your name and DOB and the clerk should be able to get the case numbers. You can also pay for public searches on the internet that provide statewide case numbers if you don't know/can't get to the court.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    Go to the DMV in each State where you had the DMV.
    Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
    Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
    You can get this information from the courthouse where your conviction occurred. If it's an Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, or San Bernardino County, you may find this information online without having to drive to the Court location.