How do I save my house from foreclosure? 2 Answers as of March 28, 2011

On the due date I called to make full payment, but my mortgage rep. said only $500 would go through. She told me it would be ok to call next day to pay the remaining balance. The next day it was in foreclosure. They say we need $5000 dollars stop foreclosure, and more than half that amount for lawyer fees. Is it our fault?

This is so common, and so unfair. This is not a question that I could answer over this computer bulletin board. And this could be important for you. I suggest that you do need to talk to a lawyer about this, and get some solid advice. If you would like, give me a call; I am in northern New Jersey. I will be happy to discuss this with you; the telephone consultation will be free.
Our law firm does not handle foreclosure or bankruptcy matters, but I would recommend that you contact a bankruptcy attorney in your community ASAP! Good luck!