How do I revise a copyright? 3 Answers as of June 26, 2013

Hello! I submitted a TV treatment for copyright. It's now 3 weeks later and I did some revisions. Is there a way to submit this revision (additional pages)? Is there a charge? I'd like to have the whole idea protected. Thanks!

Any work that qualifies for copyright protection gains that protection the minute it is fixed in some sort of permanent medium. So both your work and the revisions are already copyrighted (assuming they are your original work). If you choose to, you can register your work with the U.S. Copyright Office in the Library of Congress. Submit the whole revised work to the Copyright Office, even if you already submitted an earlier version, so there is no question about what what is protected.
Roe Law Firm
Roe Law Firm | Theodore M. Roe
You must file a new copyright. Copyrights are for the work of original authorship that is submitted and registered.
Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
Yes, the easiest thing is to file a new copyright application on this revised version and call it a new name such as Version 2 of the same title.