How do I retrieve a vehicle I co-signed for if the person is not making payments? Posted on May 06, 2011

I co-signed on a vehicle for my now ex-boyfriend in 2008. He recently stopped making payments and told the car company that the vehicle was broken and he will not make further payments. They have contacted me to make a payment to bring the account up-to-date. I have tried contacting this individual regarding the car, to which he will not answer my phone calls. He has responded to my texts stating that he will have the car towed to the dealership. I asked him when and he refuses to answer. I am willing to make payments on the vehicle but I want to have possession of the vehicle prior to doing so. Considering both our names is on the vehicle, how do I go about getting the vehicle from him? He is in Dallas, but I have since then moved to Houston. I have no idea where he lives and he will not return my calls. What are my options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: