How do I request immigration processing for my foreign wife? 1 Answers as of March 04, 2011

I am a US green card holder originally from Nepal. I want to bring my wife to the US from Nepal! How and what should I do to do the required processing and how long I have to wait until I get her an immigrant visa?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
As a Green Card holder your can file and I-130 petition for your wife. It will take about 4 hours before she would be eligible to immigrant to the U.S. If you become a U.S. Citizen during the time the process will be quicker.

A couple of questions, how did you obtain your Green Card, and were you married to your wife at the time? It's possible, that if you were married to her then, she could be eligible to immigrant now as a derivative beneficiary.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: