How do I repossess a mobile home? Posted on June 08, 2011

I sold my mobile home last year and the new owner was making payments. He has defaulted on his contract (signed, notorized - no payment for three months) and our contract states that if he defaults on his payments that the trailer reverts back to me. How do I repossess my mobile home (California - Kern County)? I would like to re-sell the trailer. Also, am I liable for the new owner's non-payment of mobile home monthly space rents (he is currently being evicted by the park for non-payment of monthly space rent)? This was a sale transaction, not a lease/rent/sublet. The park ownership has changed recently. The prior owners allowed us to take payments and approved this gentleman to live in their park. Do I have to take him to civil court? Do I have to evict him? Is he entitled to a refund (our contract states that no refund will be given if he defaults). I do not want to sue this person, I just want them out of the mobile home so I can sell it to a rsponsible person. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: