How do I report the violation of a protection order? 5 Answers as of July 05, 2011

My daughter and I have an Order of protection against my Ex husband. I also have legal and physical custody of our daughter in NYC. He has visitation with our daughter. After I filed for a modification for child support this year, he has tried to take me to court for a violation of court ordered visits because I missed 3 visits that were not back-to-back. In the Stipulation order, however, it states that all I have to do is make the visits up. So, our attorneys settled before we saw a Judge. Then, he called child protective services on me a few weeks after that court date. The order of protection states that he can only contact me for legitimate child rearing issues. He cannot contact me for any other reasons. Instead, he has insulted me through email, ordering me to bring back things he put in our child's bag and telling me to prove to court that I was pregnant. Today my daughter was emotionally disturbed ( she's 3 years old) because she stated that her father has talked badly about me and used "bad words," then told her that she can't tell anyone, not even her friends. In the stipulation order it states for neither parent to talk negatively about the other in front of the child. I would like to file a report based on this information but I do not know how to word it in a way that clearly states that he is harassing me and violating the orders. Is this also neglect towards the child in any way?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
You report any violation by calling the police and advising them of the actions of your spouse. Speak to your attorney about how to word your complaint. It is unethical for any other attorney to advise you once you already have an attorney. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/5/2011
Law Offices of John Carney
Law Offices of John Carney | John Carney
You should contact the County Attorney or law guardian and ask them for their input. He should not berate you in front of your daughter or insult you in person or by email. That is a violation of the Order of Protection. You might try getting him to change his mind about the situation and try to mend bridges however or you will have many more years of hatred, animosity, false child protection complaints, arguments etc. You should not have interfered with his visitations because that is viewed as vindictive by the spouse and the judge and will cause you more problems in the long run.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/30/2011
Law Office of Jared Altman
Law Office of Jared Altman | Jared Altman
It seems to me that he is violating the stipulation but I don't see a clear violation of the protective order. However, I am not an expert in this area of the law.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/28/2011
Palumbo and Kosofsky
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Your query raises several legal issues that cannot possibly be answered in this forum. If you would like a detailed fee-for-service consultation give us a call toll free to set up an appointment. Our rate is $300.00 / hour.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/28/2011
Edward  D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law
Edward D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law | Edward D. Dowling IV
It sounds like you already have an attorney ( unless you terminated him ). If you do have an attorney you should tell him these things. if you do not have an attorney you stated things ok in the email. it may or may not be abuse or neglect of the child.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: