How do I reply to a motion sent from a lawyer? 1 Answers as of March 30, 2011

I'm acting as my own lawyer in a mostly simple Michigan divorce case. In responding to an initial motion, the motion that I agree with, I put 'Plaintiff agrees' (as I am the Plaintiff). On the motion that I disagree with do I put a contested paragraph or do I put only that 'Plaintiff disagrees' and leave it alone? Is there a guided reference on how to reply to a motion sent from another lawyer? I'm willing to read about this information but would like it to be specific to the formalities if possible.

Berry Moorman P.C.
Berry Moorman P.C. | John Schrot Jr.
To reply to a motion sent to you by anyone, in Michigan you must comply with the Michigan Rules of Court. The specific rules that you should look to so as to get the answer to your question are Rule 2.113 and Rule 2.119. You should be able to find these rules on-line, and they are rather simple to follow.