How do I replace a green card from outside the United States? 3 Answers as of December 08, 2010

I am outside the United States on a trip, and I dropped my wallet in the ocean. My green card was in it. How do I get another one before reentering the United States? I still have my passport, but I am worried I will not be allowed to reenter without the green card.

What you can do is report to the local U.S. consulate. Show your passport, your ID, and have them issue you an I-90 Form to Replace a green card. It will be $450 ($365 + $85 biometric fee), and it will be issued to you, mailed to you and effective for 10 years from the date it was issued. But do not delay. If there is anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to e-mail or call. Best to you.
Contact the nearest US Embassy.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
They can be replaced. I can replace your green card for you. I am an attorney in the US. To hire me to replace it for you, email me.