How do I renew my green card and apply for citizenship if I have been in trouble with the law? 5 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I want it to know the outcome for me because I got in lots of trouble with the law but my mother and father are citizen before I was born but am now 21 years old. What can I do renew my green card or go for my citizenship what should be my first step to continue my process.

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Bring all certificates of disposition to an attorney and have the attorney analyze them to determine if you are deportable, and if deportable, if there is relief.
It looks like you are already a US citizen. Please consult with an immigration attorney.
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag | Jonathan D Montag
Generally speaking: Certain criminal conduct can lead to deportation. Some conduct is forgivable and some requires deportation. If a person is a permanent resident and his or her parent is a citizen, the child became a permanent resident and the parent becamse a citizen before the child turned 18, the child is likely a citizen. INA 320 the child had to be younger than 18 on February 27, 2001 or different rules apply. There are other ways people are citizens and do not know it, as well. I cannot schedule an appointment through email. Please call me to schedule an appointment.
Find out what your criminal record looks like and go from there. I suggest you see an attorney when you get that criminal record report. But if your parents were citizens before you were born, how come you are not a citizen?
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
if your parents are US citizens before you were born, you are also US citizen and you do not need to renew your green card. Just apply for US passport.