How do I remove myself from a child's birth certificate? 3 Answers as of February 13, 2017

The mother of the child made me believe I was the father. After a couple months, I got a DNA test and turns out I'm not the father. We both came to the agreement that my name should be taken off. I don't know what I would need to do.

Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
You have to file a petition to dis-establish paternity.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
By putting yourself on the Sworn Affidavit of Paternity which is how you got on the birth certificate you created a situation in which you are the father of the child. Now, in order to undo that an action must be filed to disestablish Paternity. It would be much easier if she is a willing participant in that process. It sounds as if she is. This is highly technical work so I suggest you hire a competent family law attorney to assist you.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
I think that the best way to go about this is to file a disestablishment of paternity case. You will need an attorney for this.