How do I remove a domestic charge with no conviction from my federal record? 2 Answers as of February 06, 2014

I was charged with domestic violence in Illinois and I need it removed from my federal record, as I will be moving this spring to New York. I was not convicted and my wife cleared my charge the next day. I am scared because I have a freeing tell me that I would not be able to have this charge removed it will follow me forever.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C. | Vincent C. Machroli
A skilled expungement/sealing attorney would need to discuss this matter with you in greater detail, & ask you many questions, in order to give you the complete, proper legal advice you need, + a quote to represent you. Schedule a consultation ASAP. Once the matter has been resolved to your satisfaction (hopefully), you'll be glad you paid the money to hire an experienced attorney & properly protect your legal rights.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/6/2014
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
If you were not convicted, then there should be no record to remove. Speak to the attorney who represented you so you have a better idea of the final outcome of your case.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/5/2014
Click to View More Answers: