How do I relinquish Power of Attorney in New York state? 1 Answers as of March 29, 2011

I am no longer willing to act as POA. Do I just notify the principal & concerned parties, is there a legal process, or do I just cease acting as such? Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
I suggest you write a formal letter (always keeping a copy of anything such as this that you send out) and send it to the person who gave you the Power by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, so you have proof it was received by the person and then return anything else that may have been given to you to facilitate the job. You may also want to return the original Power that you were given and rescind it on the face of your signature so it can no longer be used by you or anyone else and keep a copy before returning it. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: