How do I relinquish Power of Attorney? 16 Answers as of August 24, 2015

I am no longer willing to act as POA. Do I just notify the principal and concerned parties, is there a legal process, or do I just cease acting as such? Thank you.

Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
Within the document of the POA it might just address this issue. If not notify the principal in writing and let him/her know your desires.
Notify the principal in writing that you are resigning and provide the effective date of the resignation.
If they are relying on you to take care of certain matters, you should notify them.
Notify everyone by certified letter.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
Send a letter CMRRR to the principal.
    Wellerstein Law Group, P.C.
    Wellerstein Law Group, P.C. | Elisha Wellerstein
    Put it in writing and send it the the principle Certified Mail.
    Law Office of Nathan Wagner
    Law Office of Nathan Wagner | Nathan J. Wagner
    Just tell the principal and the people you were dealing with on the principals behalf that you are relinquishing the power of attorney. It's probably best to notify them in writing, so everyone has a record and it is clear when you stopped acting as attorney-in-fact.
    Attorney At Law | James G. Maguire
    I would notify the person who granted POA to you that you are no longer willing to serve. I would do it by certified mail.
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
    Notify the principal in writing. If there are any transactions which are partially completed, let the principal know what remains to be done. Make sure you retain your receipts and all documentation regarding acts you performed as agent (although you may need to photocopy this material and provide copies to the principal so he or she knows what was done, and what may be undone).
    Kokish & Goldmanis, P.C.
    Kokish & Goldmanis, P.C. | Bernard H. Greenberg
    You simply advise all concerned that you no longer wish to serve as agent.
    Send a certified letter to whoever is involved that you are declining to act as a power of attorney for whomever designated you their agent.
    Send the principal a letter announcing your intention of resigning and the date that resignation will take effect. Send copies to any person or business that relied upon you in your role as POA, such as financial institutions, health care facilities and providers, family members, business associates, etc. You will also have to turn over to the principal any documents, reports (completed and pending) checkbooks, health records, etc. that you accumulated or created while serving as POA.
    Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
    Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
    You should notify the principal that you have resigned. If a successor agent is identified in the Power of Attorney you should also notify the successor.
    I would do so in writing to the principal and, of course, stop acting in the capacity of a POA will.
    Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
    What does the Power of Attorney say with regard to revocation? This is opinion is solely based upon the facts presented in the inquiry. Additional facts may be important and may change the analysis. If you are uncertain, seek legal counsel. We are not your attorneys. This answer is being offered to assist you in determining if you need to retain legal counsel to assist you, not to resolve your issue through an email inquiry.
    You may stop acting in the role of POA for the individual. You can send a letter to him to that effect.