How do I release charges on my boyfriend? 6 Answers as of October 14, 2013

How can I release some charges on my boyfriend I don't know how to do that I would like help as soon as possible. Please email information on how to do that.

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
Once the police charge a person there is no opportunity for the victim to release or drop the charges. Only the District Attorney (DA) has that authority. However, there are things that you may be able to do to influence this outcome. Your boyfriend clearly needs an attorney. He should hire someone who is familiar with the court where he is charged and certainly licensed to practice in that state. All information and analysis provided herein is for Massachusetts law and Massachusetts cases, ONLY. If your matter or question involves the laws of another state please disregard this post and seek advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in the applicable state.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You cannot withdraw charges. Only the prosecutors can decide this. This is not your decision.
It is the prosecutor and not you that is in charge of the case. You can talk to that person and tell them your wishes.
Without knowing the charges and your relationship to the crime, this question cannot be answered.
It doesn't work like that my dear. Prosecutors will never drop charges just because the victim has had a change of heart/story. The fact is, in 95% of all DV cases the parties reconcile, and prosecutors are well aware of this. He needs a good lawyer.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
    Call his lawyer so he can advise the prosecutor of your desire to give him a break. You do not have the power to drop charges but you can help influence the prosecutor sometimes if it was a minor incident with no injury.