How do I register the car here, get insurance coverage and plates, and become an owner of that car? 1 Answers as of September 14, 2015

My mom passed away last week. I live in another state. She has a car registered to her as well as insurance coverage for it. There are no siblings to share this with. I will be keeping the car. I do have a will and an enhanced life estate. There is no car loan to be paid.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
The only way to get the car transferred to you is to probate the estate. The courts will then transfer all titled assets in your name.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: