How do I reduce the amount in taxes I owe to the IRS? 4 Answers as of July 18, 2011

Who do I talk to to reduce my taxes owed to the IRS. I owe 16k and would like to have it lowered if possible. Settle for a smaller amount.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
You need to retain a tax attorney to see if you have any grounds to negotiate either an installment plan, an offer in compromise or some other legal avenue, such as personal bankruptcy, in more dire cases.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 7/18/2011
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
you need an accountant to submit an offer in compromise
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/15/2011
The Schreiber Law Firm
The Schreiber Law Firm | Jeffrey D. Schreiber
The way to settle taxes for less than what you owe is an offer in compromise. A tax resolution attorney can best advise you whether you qualify to reduce the amount you owe.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2011
Tomas Ayuban
Tomas Ayuban | Tomas Ayuban
You would need to file for an Offer in Compromise. I strongly suggest you consult with a tax attorney to determine what kind of offer in compromise you would best be eligible for.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: