How do I put the house under my name after mother passed away? 1 Answers as of August 19, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Estrada Law P.C. | Michele Ungvarsky
Check with your county clerk's office. If there has been a probate there should be a personal representative's deed which you can present to have the deed placed in your name. If you were joint on the deed with your mother you will probably just need to present a quick claim deed to have your mother's name removed from the deed. Each state is different so get guidance from an attorney or the county clerk.
Answer Applies to: New Mexico
Replied: 8/19/2014
Click to View More Answers: