How do I pursue fair enforcement of the lease between the landlord and the other tenants? Posted on June 29, 2011

I live in an apartment in Vancouver, WA. In my lease and everyone else's it states that children (or any other people) are not allowed to play in the parking lot. But almost every day there are screaming kids running around in the parking lot with all manner of scooters, tricycles, bicycles, power wheels, wagons, and other rolling things. Sometimes it's hard to even drive through the parking lot because the littlest ones don't move out of the way very well. I wouldn't mind it as much if I didn't come out to new scratches on my car all the time, knowing it was those kids out there. I've contacted the property management on several occasions stating my concerns and sending them videos of what's going on. I even sent them one where I managed to get on video one of them plowing a power wheel into my car. I always get the same generic response that goes something like, " We are aware of the situation and are looking into it." But lately my e-mails have just been getting ignored. I can't find anything in the landlord-tenant laws that deals with other tenants breaking their lease and affecting me and my property. Is there any legal way I can get my property manager to do something about this? I think the tenants around me should be just as accountable for what they agreed to in their lease as I am. Thank you for your time and effort.