How do I prove there was no divorce between my parents? 4 Answers as of July 29, 2016

My mother and stepfather were married in 1980. They moved to another state in 1989. She came back in 2012 for medical needs. He passed away in September 2014. They were never divorced yet the death certificate states they were (disgruntled child listed it as such). In order for my mother to receive his pension (which she is entitled too and is in a nursing home), they are requesting proof they were not divorced. The office of vital statistics sent a certified letter stating there is no divorce decree on file.

Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
You would have to get a report from a nationwide search (showing no divorce) done by a private investigator service.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Good Luck! Some Plans are totally unreasonable because they know it is extremely hard for her to prove a negative (They were not divorced anywhere on planet Earth). Talk to a local attorney, you may need to file a lawsuit called a Declaratory Judgment.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
You could do 1 of 2 approaches. First, you could file suit against the disgruntled child and make that child prove they were divorced, or you could go to the Courthouse where the divorce was allegedly filed and look it up by name. If not there, copy the record that shows no name and use that as proof. Good luck.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Hire a probate attorney for this.