How do I prove that I lived in the US for 5 years before applying for new immigration status? 4 Answers as of February 01, 2011

How do I prove that I've lived in US for 5 years before applying for a green card?

There are lots of ways but not sure what this would be for. Tax returns, driver's license, bills, bank accounts, lease and/or mortgage, W-2's for employment, social security earnings record, credit card statements, affidavits. We would be happy to consult with you on these issues but it would be helpful to obtain what you can on the deportation and criminal records - if you don't have these we can assist you or him in obtaining them. We do charge for consultations but whatever is paid for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for his case if you decide to move forward with his case.
Depends on what you have. Your phone bills, your electricity bills, air tickets, Copy of I-94...anything could do.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
Many people prove this physical presence with affidavits, old receipts, photos, and utility bills. Also, if you attended a church this is helpful as proof.
Under what law are you applying that requires you to live in the U.S. for five years to get a Green Card? I do not know of any law that grants someone a Green Card merely because they lived in the U.S. for five years.

As to proving you live in the U.S., tax returns, bank statements, utility bills, work and medical records can all be used to prove you have lived in the U.S.