How do I prove she's mentally unfit and win as much custody as possible for the sake of my son? 1 Answers as of June 10, 2017

The mother of my child, my ex-partner, is 7 months pregnant with my assumed child. She was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, schizo-bipolar, and an eating disorder. She failed to tell me of her mental state while we were together. Our relationship ended when she accused me of domestic violence that didn't happen and I was arrested. She filed a temporary restraining order based on lies. She also filed police reports of me breaking into her apartment and her car as well, which are not true. She also failed to tell me of the 4 ex-husbands she had. Her mother and ex-husbands have written me letters in regards to her mental instability. I'm currently battling the false criminal accusations but the main concern is the safety of my son.

These are complicated questions that can only be answered by meeting with an experienced family law attorney. Child custody issues will always have a focus of what's in the best interest for the child. As long as a parents mental health issue is being treated, the court will not deny reasonable and save contact with that parent.