How do I prove I live with grandpa? 4 Answers as of May 02, 2014

I can't get his birth certificate to get his driver’s permit because I have no custody papers. Mom is dead, dad is unknown and there is no legal guardian. He lives with grandpa for 8 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fran Brochstein
Fran Brochstein | Fran Brochstein
You need to hire an experienced family law attorney in your county. An attorney can assist in the grandfather getting custody in Texas since he's had the child for so long.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/2/2014
James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
He has a birth certificate in the State he was born in.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/2/2014
Nancy C Chachere Attorney at Law | Nancy C Chachere
A petition for custody can be filed in the court that has juvenile or family jurisdiction. Some courts provide forms to do this, however it is recommended that you get assistance from an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 5/2/2014
J. Barbour Rixey, P.C.
J. Barbour Rixey, P.C. | J. Barbour Rixey
Grandpa needs to file for custody of the boy.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/2/2014
Click to View More Answers: