How do I protect my rights and those of my children from my husband? 1 Answers as of December 13, 2010

What can I do to protect my rights along with my children. He has verbally and physically abused me and my sons, this was noted Thursday by the neighbors. My husband also left me in the mountains stranded with my 3 children and I do not drive. Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law | John Kirchner
You may obtain a Civil Protection Order that prohibits contact between your husband and you. You may contact the Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Protection Division for assistance in initiating a possible Dependency and Neglect case that could eventually result in
terminating your husband's rights. Regardless of which of these possible actions you take, it sounds like you need to begin divorce proceedings that can end the marriage and make decisions to allocate parental responsibilities. If the facts support it, the divorce court can impose appropriate restrictions on your husband's contact with the children. You need to consult an attorney to discuss the viability of each option based on the actual circumstances in your case.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 12/13/2010
Click to View More Answers: