How do I price them if all is used and the wife can I keep some furniture and appliances? 4 Answers as of December 09, 2014

I am the executor of my late husband's estate. Per the will, I have to sell things in the home to pay creditors.

You personally are not liable for any of your late husband's debts merely because he died, but if it was jointly owned before his death then you are liable. If you owned the property as your own separate property, you do not have to sell it. If the Will states that certain furniture must be sold, which I doubt, then you have to try to sell it for what you think is its fair market value. You are not required to formally put a value on the property, just sell it for the most you can to pay the estate debts.
If you are the executrix, I suppose that there is an open probate, and that you have a lawyer. Why not ask him/her? In any event, household furniture, etc., is exempt from claims of creditors. Also, only those claims which are filed in the probate are to be considered. I've never seen a will which requires sale of exempt assets in order to pay creditors. Without reviewing the will, I can't give a better answer.
Obtain the services of personal property or estate appraiser.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
There is no hard and fast rule. You have discretion but you must follow the will if it gives you direction and use common sense.