How do I prevent someone from harassing me online? Posted on July 20, 2011

I have been cyberstalked in 2010 and cyberharassed by someone just a few days ago. I just recently found out who she is. She has been sending me threatening messages that she will hurt me, steal my husband, come to my house to beat me up, that I should commit suicide, etc. My problem is can I still do something even though I responded back to her? It was the only way to find out her identity. I did not use any vulgar language with her until I found out she was my husband's niece. What can I do to avoid her coming around me later in the future? I made an online report to the police fearing she might hurt me in the future and they claimed I have been a victim of internet crime and that I should file a complaint with IC3 instead. I haven’t done that yet because her family doesn’t want me to and they claimed that because I responded to her messages nobody is able to help me. I feel she is capable of hurting me since she is associated with a gang. What can I do to make her cease communication with me in person and online?