How do I petition someone for immigration? 4 Answers as of March 03, 2011

i am a US citizen and I want to file for my mom who has been here for about 24 years illegally . Also My fiance and I want to get married hes also illegal has been here for 15 years we have been together for 3 years what do i need to do to start the process? and how much is it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
For your mom, there is certainly a possibility for successful filing for her to get legal residency. If she came in 1987 she may be eligible under section 245i. There may be a medical exception allowing for a successful filing. In the case of your fiance, I would have to know more, such as whether he came illegally (entry without inspection) or if he came legally and overstayed. But there are definite options for him, once you and he are married. Please feel free to call or e-mail to set up an appointment for a consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
There are two steps to permanent residency your relationship with them and their application to change from illegal to permanent resident. Whether both steps can be done together and whether the second step can be completed in the U.S. depends on several factors which would need to be explored with you with regard to each person. If the second step must be completed overseas and a waiver required what are the waiver equities?

1) Does the Beneficiary (Mom and fianc) have a legal entry even though they are currently without legal documents?

2) Have they ever left the U.S. since coming here? with papers or without?

3) Has anyone ever filed papers for either of them prior to April 30, 2001?

4) Prior deportations?

5) Any criminal record?

6) Any other permanent resident or citizen relatives?

7) Many other questions?

I would be happy to consult with you on your case. I do charge for consultations but whatever is paid for the consultation would be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further work after the consult. The consultation can be scheduled as indicated below by contacting my secretary, Janet, by phone.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It depends on how they are illegal? They came on a visa? And other facts too. You should work with a lawyer because your case is not simple and there are too much at stake! You are welcome to call us for assessment of your case.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/27/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
I would need to know how your mom entered before I could advise you correctly on how best to file for her. As I dont know how your fiance entered I cannot properly advise you. Feel free to call for a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: