How do I petition my husband who overstayed his visa? 4 Answers as of October 03, 2014

My husband came to the US when he was a baby than he went to Europe and came back with a visa, he overstayed his visa and now we are married and I'm a citizen, I want for him to be legal. Where do I start?

You start by hiring an experienced immigration attorney who can lead you through the process of petitioning your husband so that there are no delays or mistakes in the process.
Do not waste your time or money.
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
Come see me and I'd be happy to help you. It's like doing a complex tax return, so if you want it done right, you should hire a board certified immigration lawyer. Having said that, the major forms include I-130, and maybe I-864, I-485, etc. It all depends on the particular facts and details of his background.
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
You could petition for him while he remains here. Since he came into the U.S. on a visa, he could stay here while proceedings are pending. Which means that, once you file all relevant forms, he cannot leave the U.S. until he receives his permanent resident card. For that, you need to file a petition on his behalf along with an application to adjust his status to permanent resident and an application for employment authorization. The employment authorization might be approved within ninety (90) days of filing. You should hire an experienced attorney to help you through the whole process.