How do I petition a judge for new representation? Posted on June 07, 2011

I have a paid for attorney. Over a month ago at the preliminary hearing I told my lawyer to take the plea deal, I don't want to go through trial. Immediately after, he went right into court room and said we will be pleading not guilty, set for trial. The lawyer said we're filing a writ of habeas corpus in an attempt to get charges dropped. Now 2 weeks away from trial he has avoided phone calls, my wife is now talking to him to keep the peace. Again we told him on the 6th to MAKE THE DEAL. What steps do I take to petition the judge/court for new representation so far along in the court process?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: