How do I petition for my deported child? 2 Answers as of May 24, 2011

My daughter who came to USA when she was 3 years old was deported along with her mom since they entered the country with fakes visas. they stayed in USA for 8 years, then got removal/deportation. I am married to a US citizen woman and I'd like to know what would be the process now that my current wife wants to file a family petition for my deported 12-year-old child.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Deported aliens are usually subject to 3-10 years or even permanent immigration bar. You may file a waiver for your son. Seek a lawyer's assistance for that.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/24/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
If your daughter received a voluntary departure order, then this case should not be difficult. Your wife will have to file a petition for her and then consular process her. If your daughter received a formal deportation order, then you will likely have to file an I-212 waiver. Contact an immigration lawyer before proceeding. Best of luck.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/24/2011
Click to View More Answers: