How do I or where do I list the co-signed loan for a friend to get a house in my chapter 7 bankruptcy? 9 Answers as of August 19, 2014

I co-signed on a loan for a friend to get a house I don't know where the person is now and the statue of limitations is August 2014 and the loan has been transfer from the lender and no one seems to know anything about it. How do I or where do I list this on a chapter 7 bankruptcy am filing without a lawyer and this is holding me up?

There is no statute on the mortgage, the lien will survive. List the lender and list the friend - state that you do not have an address.
If the property has not been foreclosed on, you list the property on Schedule A, the mortgage debt on Schedule D and your friend on Schedule G. Use the best name & address you can find for the mortgage company. Your credit report may be a good place to start.
Assuming your name isn't on the deed to the house, you would list the loan as an unsecured, nonpriority creditor on schedule F. If the loan has been transferred, the transfer should be recorded at the county records office. If the transfer hasn't been recorded, then just list the original lender.
Tokarska Law Center
Tokarska Law Center | Kathryn U. Tokarska
I assume that you are a CA resident and that the subject of this question, the property, is located in state of California. I will answer your question but based on the limited information you provided I must warn you that filing without legal representation in this scenario could have unexpected consequences and I strongly urge you to invest in the process rather than taking the risk. Before filing the case, an attorney would do some further research including confirming the status of this debt and a potential asset in your case.
Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
Just list it on schedule f. It should be on your credit report.
    You would list it on schedule d for secured property and add the co debtor information on schedule h, but if there is equity in the house you could have a problem as half the equity is yours if your are technically half owner of the house and on the mortgage/deed.
    LAW OFFICE OF RALPH L. WILLIAMS
    LAW OFFICE OF RALPH L. WILLIAMS | RALPH L. WILLIAMS
    You need to pull a copy of your credit report, go to annualcreditreport.com to obtain one. The loan should be listed on your credit report. If it is not included in your credit report then use the last known lender and address. If the loan was secured by real property the debt would be listed on Schedule D as a secured debt and if it was not secured the debt would be listed as an unsecured debt on Schedule F. You should also determine if you were on the property title as having an interest in the property and has the property been foreclosed on.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    The mortgage loan that you co-signed for your friend should be listed on schedule F of the petition as an unsecured debt, unless the debt is secured by collateral.
    Steele, George, Schofield & Ramos, LLP
    Steele, George, Schofield & Ramos, LLP | Alan E. Ramos
    You could list the loan on Schedule F (checking the box that the debt is contingent). You may want to state in the listing that you are a co-signer on the loan. I can't speak to the statute of limitations issue as that would require a review of the documents and an analysis of the facts.