How do I obtain my college transcripts? 4 Answers as of November 09, 2015

I am currently enrolled in chapter 13. The university is listed in my repayment plan.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
You simply ask for them. They have to give them to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/9/2015
Rhymer Law Firm
Rhymer Law Firm | William Rhymer
I would suggest you talk with the Registrar. If your plan provides for payment under the plan you can usually get them. Your attorney should be able to help you.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 11/3/2015
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
Because you've filed bankruptcy, the university is required to give you the transcripts despite any unpaid bills. ?If the university refuses, you should notify them that you will file a contempt action at the bankruptcy court to enforce your rights.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 11/2/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Generally all you need to do is contact the Registrar for a copy of the transcript, just as you would if you were not in Ch. 13. They can charge you whatever they charge anyone else for a copy, or a certified copy if that's what you need. If they refuse to supply the transcript because of the Ch. 13, contact your Ch. 13 lawyer. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 11/2/2015
Click to View More Answers: