How do I obtain a FOID card? 1 Answers as of August 06, 2011

I completed a first offender probation over 15 years ago and haven't been in any trouble since. 10 years after that, I even completed an expungement of that case on my own, which was successfully completed after they mailed the court and arrest records back to me from the chicago police, court, and FBI saying that the expungement was now complete. However, years later I applied for a FOID card and was denied because they said I had been convicted of this particular felony which I had already expunged years ago. What I most want to know is if I can successfully obtain an IL FOID card and what I need to do in order to get it now?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
You need to personally communicate with the Illinois State Police and send certified copies of both the original case disposition and order of expungement.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 8/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: