How do I notify USCIS of a change in my marital status? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

My forms say: If you are the unmarried son or daughter of a permanent resident, and you get married prior to becoming a permanent resident, you no longer qualify for permanent residence through your permanent resident family member There is no visa category for a married child of a permanent resident. Note: You must notify USCIS of any change in your marital status after Form I-130 has been filed for you and prior to becoming a permanent resident or obtaining an immigrant visa. How do I notify them of the face that my marital status has changed?

Look at the receipt notice. It will have an address on it. You can mail something to that address and attach a copy of the receipt and your proof plus letter of request. You can also call their 800 number, which is also listed on the receipt.