How do I notify USCIS of a change in my marital status? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

My forms say: If you are the unmarried son or daughter of a permanent resident, and you get married prior to becoming a permanent resident, you no longer qualify for permanent residence through your permanent resident family member There is no visa category for a married child of a permanent resident. Note: You must notify USCIS of any change in your marital status after Form I-130 has been filed for you and prior to becoming a permanent resident or obtaining an immigrant visa. How do I notify them of the face that my marital status has changed?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Look at the receipt notice. It will have an address on it. You can mail something to that address and attach a copy of the receipt and your proof plus letter of request. You can also call their 800 number, which is also listed on the receipt.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: