How do I marry a married woman? 5 Answers as of November 01, 2017

Basically, we started as friends then friends with benefits. We had this relationship for 6 months. I ended up falling in love. I'm not going into detail on how I found out. But this is the truth. She married a US citizen February 2017 at the exact same time our relationship started. The marriage was a mutual agreement in exchange for citizenship. They live separately and live separate lives. I want to tell her husband that I'm going to call immigration services for a fraud marriage. I know she can get deported but I already lost her through their marriage. He will then have to divorce her which will then have her come to me and have a genuine marriage with me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kiske Law Office, LLC | Anne Kiske
1. A married person commits the offense of bigamy if he or she: (1) Purports to marry another; or (2) Cohabits with one whom he or she entered into a bigamous marriage in another jurisdiction. 2. A married person does not commit bigamy if, at the time of the subsequent marriage ceremony, he or she reasonably believes that he or she is legally eligible to remarry. 3. The defendant shall have the burden of injecting the issue of reasonable belief of eligibility to remarry. 4. An unmarried person commits the offense of bigamy if he or she: (1) Purports to marry another knowing that the other person is married; or (2) Cohabits with one whom he or she entered into a bigamous marriage in another jurisdiction. 5. The offense of bigamy is a class A misdemeanor. Communication of information by, in, to or through this Web site and your receipt or use of it (1) is not provided in the course of and does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, (2) is not intended as a solicitation, (3) is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice, and (4) is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney. You should not act upon any such information without first seeking qualified professional counsel on your specific matter. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon Web site communications or advertisements.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 11/1/2017
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
You should encourage her to file for divorce and then get married after the divorce is final.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/31/2017
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Wrong, wrong and wrong. You don't know the details of the marriage. It takes a long time for the INS to prove a marriage is not real. The husband may not divorce her right away or ever. She may not want to "come to you, especially if you behave as you propose. She would have every reason to consider you scheming and untrustworthy.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/31/2017
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
I recommend you see a local attorney immediately.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 10/30/2017
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
You can't marry a married woman without being guilty of the crime of bigamy. Get a lawyer. There are ways to handle your problem.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/30/2017
Click to View More Answers: